Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Great Wall of China

We were picked up first thing in the morning for our trip to the Great Wall.  After about an hour and a half drive, we finally made it.  We chose to go to a part of the wall called Mutiny.  The reason I picked this part was because of the toboggan ride you take down.  After a short, cold (it was in the 30s) walk, we took a quick shuttle ride to the chairlift.  On the bus we met a guy about my age from Canada.  He had quit his job and was traveling Asia until he ran out of money.  We took the chairlift up together, and basically adopted him for the day.  We arrived to the wall early, and it was amazing seeing the lack of people on the wall.  As people did start coming, we started to get approached.  I have never had so many strangers want to take a picture with me!  The best part was they didn't want a group picture. It would start with one, and move through the whole group.  I can only imagine what these people do with these pictures.. Overall, I still can't believe I can say I climbed the Great Wall.   There really aren't words to describe the experience.























No comments:

Post a Comment