Monday, December 1, 2014

Mom and Dad Visit

The last two weeks were a whirlwind.  For those of you who don't know, my mom and dad were able to come visit!  Mom came for two weeks, and dad was able to come for about ten days.  Not everyone is fortunate enough to have family come visit, so I feel beyond lucky my parents are already discussing a second trip.  We packed in so many things, including a weekend trip to China.  Here are some pictures from the highlights of the first week!




First excursion of the trip was Taroko Gorge.  We took a 40 minute plane ride to get there, and took the train back.  It was a gorgeous way to begin the trip!  





Changing of the Guards Ceremony

This was a very memorable experience.  I will never understand how they can stay so serious!




Yehliu Geopark

I wasn't feeling great this day, but was excited to actually make it into the park.  Last time I tried to go the park was closed because of bad weather.  Inside the park the rocks were all given different names.  The rocks are formed from waves crashing on them, and named based on what they "resemble".  My mom insisted I take multiple pictures with "Cute Princess".  


After an exciting couple of days, it was time for dad to fly in.  Waiting anxiously at the airport, we finally saw him.  However, I quickly realized he didn't have any bags.  We were concerned that we were leaving for China the next morning, but luckily he is an experienced traveler and was more than prepared to go without luggage!

Next stop is Beijing!



No comments:

Post a Comment