Friday, May 15, 2015

Singapore

I hadn't heard much about Singapore before I went except that it was extremely clean and very expensive.  Both turned out to be true, but I must say I loved the city.  I was inspired to visit Singapore after learning that my childhood best friend Rebecca was there teaching at an international school.    We were neighbors when I was five, and hadn't seen each other in years.   Its amazing how life works out!  I flew into Singapore early Friday morning, and met Rebecca at her school.  It was a beautiful campus, which wasn't surprising after learning student tuition is around $40,000 a year.  I spent the day exploring while she was working, and saw some stunning sights.  Here are some highlights from the beautiful city.








Walked into this temple and was fascinated by what I saw.  There were about 15-20 monks sitting and chanting, while people were waiting in line throughout the temple to give each monk a red envelope.  





Marina Bay at Night








2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that is the same girl that you hit in the head with a Barbie doll and I had to put you in time out while I was watching you two. Looking forward to seeing you in the next few months. It has been way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that is the same girl that you hit in the head with a Barbie doll and I had to put you in time out while I was watching you two. Looking forward to seeing you in the next few months. It has been way too long.

    ReplyDelete