Thursday, June 25, 2015

Traditional Tea Tasting

Living in Taiwan, I have became quite the tea drinker.  Between my morning cup of tea and the local tea stands around the city, it has become a daily ritual.  With this new found love, I was eager to visit a traditional tea house.  My friend Judith and I discovered Wisteria Tea House, and were excited when we walked in and saw the large Japanese style room.  With low tables and cushions, everyone sits on the floor while enjoying their tea.  Taking a few minutes to read about the different teas, we decided on two and it was time for the demonstration.  They brought over the tea set, our cups, and the loose leaf tea.  I learned different parts of properly enjoying tea, such as seeping times and using a separate cup just to smell the tea before drinking it.  Here are some photos from this unique experience.  













No comments:

Post a Comment