Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Holi Fest


Before moving to Taiwan, I had never heard of Holi Fest.  I soon learned about this Indian Festival, and couldn't wait to partake in the festivities.  My talented friend Judith was going to be photographing the event, so we were both given free tickets to attend.  The morning of the event I went to three different 7/11 stores searching for a white T-shirt.  I found one.. size extra large.. still amazes me how different sizes are.  The event started off a little unorganized, but quickly turned around when the Indian dancers took the stage.  Music was blasting, beer was flowing, and it was almost time for the color festival to begin.  

Everyone is given a color packet, basically just colored powder.  You throw the powder at people, and yell "Happy Holi!"  Other people would smear it on your face or sprinkle it in your hair.  Overall the event was an awesome, messy experience that I hope to do again someday.  I was pretty excited to get home and clean up however because SARAH was on her way!  














No comments:

Post a Comment